Monday, July 14, 2008

Dog Sitting and Food Poisoning

I realize I'm posting twice in one day, but as that doesn't seem to be against the rules, I'm going to go ahead and do it. I figured I'd better explain about my weekend. : )
I spent most of Friday just reading before I went to the Hayne's house, so not much to report there other than that I forgot to pack pajamas. So...yeah. That wasn't a very comfortable night. Okay, actually, it was pretty miserable, but I got through it.
Saturday was pretty busy. I got up earlier than I normally would have because I was spending the night in a bed other than my own, and I never sleep well in a different bed. I was walking from the Hayne's house to the shop where I volunteer, so I left at about 9:25 to get there by 10:00. However, about halfway to the square, I realized I'd forgotten to put on deodorant! Talk about stopping in mid-step! Normally, I wouldn't have been bothered; I don't typically sweat. But I was going to walking in very hot weather under the blazing sun, so I turned around and went back. After the day at the shop, which went smoother than usual, I went to Casey C.'s wedding shower. I'm so happy for her! She and Jaymee are going to have such a wonderful life together. I went home after that to get my pajamas and to see my kitties (I miss them when I'm watching dogs), and then went back to the Haynes's house to spend the night in a little more comfort.
Sunday started out pretty uneventful. I got up, realized it was raining, and called Mrs. G. to see if she could give me a ride to the church. (I had intended to walk, but this was out of the question because of the rain.) She didn't have room, but called Mrs. W., who did. I decided to eat a little something before she got there, even though breakfast is something I don't often have, and about three minutes later, I was incapacitated. Apparently, the piece of chicken ring was a little too old, because I had food poisoning. I don't think I've ever had pain that bad! It made me wonder how I could ever think of getting through labor pains, when I was writhing and unable to get up because of food poisoning! Mr. and Mrs. W. came to the house about five minutes later, but I couldn't get to the door, so Mr. W. left to take Mrs. W. to the church and came back to discover me on the couch. I was so grateful he was there! Well, to put it mildly, I upchucked and miraculously felt a lot better. My mom came for me shortly afterward and I went home for a little bit, but I was feeling well enough to go to church by 10:00.
Youth Group was great. We're still watching the Truth Project, and I absolutely love it! I'm learning so much and it really makes you think. I tried not to answer all the questions this time - and I promise I did really try - but it's like an insuppressible reflex. I told them to to bring out the duct tape next time. But you'll all be rid of me and my big mouth for the first couple weeks of August: I'm going on vacation. Enjoy it! lol

4 comments:

runnergirl© said...

I am happy you are feeling better.
Also, about Jane Austen...
1. different time period and different contry.
2. only a story, she never got married herself.
lol =]

Jen said...

Glad you got better so quickly!

Don't stop answering questions at yg! If no one offers something after a bit, jump in!

runnergirl© said...

i missed you guys too!

Lisa said...

Food poisoning, how awful. It must have been extra terrible being alone at Mrs. H.'s house when it happened. I sure couldn't tell at church that morning. I'm glad you recovered quickly.

I think it's great that you're enjoying the Truth Project. (I can't wait to start watching it this Fall.) I agree with Mrs. G., I think you should keep answering questions. I'll bet many of the other teens are glad when you do!

Love, Mrs. K.