Monday, August 25, 2008

Sister-Time, First Days, Good Times, and Stressed Minds

A good deal of things have happened since I last posted. (Isn't that always how it is?) But I'm going to try to keep this short. No promises, though: I write novels. : )
This weekend held the tell-tale signs that the school year was about to start: Jamie was going back to college. My mom had to drive her there, since all her things would only fit in the van, and only my parents can legally drive it. I had been roped (okay, not roped. I just can't say no.) into dogsitting again this weekend, so it looked like Rosey was going to be left alone by herself for the whole day. My mom just wasn't comfortable leaving her all alone in our big, empty house, so she came with me and helped me dogsit. Oh, and what a blessing that was! They had someone who actually likes dogs (as of right now, she wants to be a dog trainer) to jump on! She also had to come to work (volunteering) with me Saturday morning. Mrs. Haynes lives very close so we decided to walk. But as we were on our way, maybe half a mile left to go, this guy leans his head out a car window and shouts: "I love you! I love you...so much!" Oh, we got a kick out of that! That's not something I'm going to forget for awhile! Rosey was actually very helpful at the shop, and we walked back to the house at around 2:30. We then went to see the Dark Knight (which was incredible, but I wouldn't recommend it for very young kids), and ordered a pizza. It was altogether a nice sister-bonding time weekend.
Sunday was...well, Sunday. : ) Rosey and I walked to the church (which is also very close to the Haynes's house), and enjoyed a very deep message about anger from Pastor Wayne. The worship team led us in some very powerful songs, but it was strange for me, not being on it: I'm back on this week, though. *sigh of relief* I have two days out of the week that keep me going: Sundays and Wednesdays, and both of them because of CCF.
I also had a very pleasant surprise on Sunday: Kelsey called me! I hardly ever talk on the phone (I mean I will, but you have to call me first if you want a good conversation.), so I was startled but extremely pleased. The more I talk to Kelsey, the more I absolutely adore her. She's such a God-honoring, purehearted girl, and she always challenges me to be a better person and a better Christian.
Meli, Lauren, and I met before Youth Group to discuss options for fundraisers and events, and we have some pretty good ideas. Generation is going to be such a blessing in the lives of the teenagers that attend it, let me tell you! Thanks for good fellowship, good ideas, and good ice cream at King Kone, girls!
At Generation, it was one of those unwinding nights. We didn't have a lesson: we made some progress on the comercial and played a few games. Youth Group is as hyper as I get (unless I'm given Mountain Dew, but we won't go there), so it's always nice to let loose just a little bit. I know I still some uptight most of the time, but it does make me feel a whole lot younger to be with you guys...even if I do almost have an aneurism playing spoons. Ugh, one of these days I will extract my revenge on Spencer!
And today, Monday was the beginning of my double life. School. Sometimes, it really does feel that way. I have one set of people and schedules at school, and then an entirely different set at home and church, and I love them both. But I'll tell you what, I took one look at my Trig, Spanish III, and Physics books and moaned: it's going to mean a whole lot of in depth homework that I don't always understand. It's the first day and I really had trouble in Trig! Okay, granted, I haven't used distance or midpoint formula since last year, so I can have a little leeway on getting back into the swing of things for that, but it was very VERY frustrating. And time consuming. But after Mrs. Hillman explains the obvious and preventable error (which I always seem to make and can't figure out what I've done wrong), it'll all click into place in my brain.
Well, I'd better get to bed so I can give my poor confused mind a rest.

No comments: