Sunday, August 17, 2008

Generation 8/17/08

Well, tonight was really bittersweet. Being Sunday, Youth Group was tonight, and there were many fun things about it, but also one huge disappointment.
The disappointment is because Generation will no longer be doing the Truth Project. I was really challenged by Dr. Tackett and I enjoyed the fresh, Christ-centered worldview he offered. It was helping me to grow as a daughter of God, and I'm saddened that I won't be able to go any further with it. My schedule during the school year is too hectic for me to continue with it, no matter what night they choose.
There were many good things about tonight, though. First and foremost, Kelsey was there! She is such a sweet, God-honoring girl, and it lifts my heart every time I see her. And don't worry Kelsey/Chelsea: we'll get Mr. Rogers straightened out about your name. : )
Aaron also brought a friend named Theresa. She was a very nice, gentle-spirited girl who seemed to enjoy Generation and who genuinely seemed to care about God. I hope we'll be able to see her again.
Starting tonight, Mrs. Rogers decided that Generation will be focusing more on prayer. So, at the very beginning (after we were all done with Taco Bell), we paired up and went outside to take prayer requests from each other and pray. (And for you concerned parents, it was guys with guys; girls with girls.) It was a wonderful idea because not only were we strengthened and blessed by praying for each other, but we also learned about one another. I, for instance, discovered things I had in common with Theresa that I would never have known if we hadn't taken each other's prayer requests. Understanding each other certainly helps us to know what to pray for.
Generation is also starting a new project. We will be interviewing different people from the church, seeking wisdom and advice. The Bible says that those older and more experienced are to instruct the younger generation, and we're really taking that to heart. And don't worry, those of you who will be interviewed (yes, some of you reading this blog will most likely be interviewed): it's going to be video-recorded. Pressure's off. : ) I think it will be a great way for Generation to prepare ourselves for our futures, so that we can avoid the mistakes others may have made when they were our age. It will also strengthen our faith to learn how God has worked in other people's lives: it will be an awesome testimony to His faithfulness and love.
Generation also has a new blog: www.generationccf.blogspot.com (Thank you, Hanna, for setting that up. You've done an awesome job, and we all missed you tonight.) If you get a chance, check it out. Leave some comments! : )
Alright, well, I'd better get to bed. It's past 11, and it's been clinically proven that the sleep you get before midnight is the most important. Good night, and God bless!

4 comments:

miss_lep said...

I think most of us wanted to finish and complete the whole truth project. What we are doing now is going to be good I think. thank you for putting the address on your blog it makes it easy to find now.

runnergirl© said...

Hey Babe!

I too was disappointed about the ending of the Truth Project. But, I suppose the leaders know what the group needs as a whole, and not just the ones who throughly enjoyed the unit. I, however, am looking forward to this new project! I can't wait to start interviewing. :)

-Meli

♥Miss Writer said...

Thanks for looking out for me...If you take Mr. Rogers arms, I'll grab his legs, and we'll toss him into a pond or something. Chelsea....*lol* It was funny, I hafta admit.

~Kelsey~

Lisa said...

Hi Becca. It's been a while since I've visited your blog. I'm glad things are going well. I know you've got a full schedule this year. I'm praying for you!

Love, Mrs. K.